Vinay Gupta, in a conversation with Luke Robert Mason from Virtual Futures, discusses just about every surrounding idea of blockchain technology that one could think up.
If you already have a basic understanding of blockchain, but haven’t taken the time to consider its many implications, this video is a perfect dive into the proverbial deep-end.
The following is a refined list of the questions that Luke Mason asks of Vinay over the course of 1 1/2 hours:
- What is blockchain and more importantly, what should it be?
- To what extent can cryptography, the blockchain, cryptocurrency and similar systems tackle existing problems our society faces?
- How do colonialism and blockchain interface?
- If we implement blockchain as an ‘anti-corruption’ mechanism, will society be able to survive the disclosures that such decentralization creates? In other words, can we handle the truth?
- What was ‘E-gold’ and why is it relevant to the Bitcoin story?
- Could we see Bitcoin become a viable world reserve currency without an all-out global collapse being the reason for it?
- What will happen with Bitcoin and how governments look at crypto currencies?
- Is how the current tech industry engages with blockchain overly tied to an old economic model? Is blockchain just the newest tool the ‘big boys’ will use to control everything?
- What is Ethereum and ‘smart contracts’, and how might they help us achieve the potential future we hope for?
- Is there an opportunity within blockchain to take back the internet from the big players that run it and make it decentralized once again?
- In what way is ‘identity’ such an important potential use of blockchain technology?
- How can we prepare ourselves for the possible blockchain influenced future?