On this episode of the Epoch Podcast we tackle ideas about gender and sexuality and finding it hard to keep up with the ever-changing language. Some of us had thoughts we didn’t expect prior to researching, so it was definitely a conversation worth having!
Outtakes, personal stories, discounts, giveaways, and more!
Topics we get into:
- the problem of language
- the genderbread person – understanding the perception of gender identity vs gender expression vs biological sex vs sexual orientation
- interactions with others based on gender
- statistics of physical ambiguity and the very real issues it can cause
- the recognition that many of us have, at points, unjustly written these issues off
- it’s easier to control confused people…
- what age do people really know themselves?
- it’s hard enough to be a teen and preteen, let alone one who’s dealing with gender and sexual identity issues
- why couldn’t body positivity be used in a broader sense?
- body dysmorphia and neural body mapping
- the inconvenience of minorities and our responsibility
- why “marriage”?
- does your soul or spirit have a gender?
- male energy vs female energy
- how everyone has male and female components
- the importance of taking all the factors into account vs assuming things just are
- trauma and abuse and the goal of healthy, whole people
- why law is never the compassionate solution