Vinay Gupta walks the fine line between optimism and pragmatism with a refreshing amount of creative solutions/ideas that just might make you feel better about the future.
In this video he covers:
- What is wrong with the existing system of the internet (it is actually really slow) and the tools currently being used to address the issue(s)
- The correlation between the ‘free market’ and peer-to-peer systems like open source software (a.k.a. the economy of the commons)
- Overview of blockchain technology as it currently uses peer-to-peer systems to make ‘money’
- Where blockchain technology is ‘going’ in uses such as smart contracts
- A set of proposed ideas for what blockchain technology could do (a picture of the future)